Sarpanch murdered, jawan injured in attack in J&K
Jammu: A sarpanch was allegedly murdered
and his son, an Army personnel, injured in an attack by some
unidentified men in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir,
police said on Wednesday.
Newly elected 55-year-old Sarpanch Jasvant Singh and
his son Jankar Singh (23) were returning to their home in
village Chak Salaria in Vijaypur belt of Samba district, when
the vehicle-borne assailants intercepted them and attacked the
duo with sharp edged weapons last night, they said.
The locals soon rushed to the spot after hearing cries
for help, they said, adding, however the assailants had left
Jasvant succumbed to his injuries on his way to the
hospital and Jankar has been admitted in a serious condition,
A manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits, they
said, adding that further investigation is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH