Sarpanch, son among 3 killed by militants in Pulwama in J&K
Srinagar: A Congress party sarpanch, his son and a village official were tonight shot dead by militants in separate incidents in Tral area of Pulwama district of Kashmir.
Militants barged into the house of sarpanch Ghulam Nabi Mir at Batagund in Tral area and opened fire, police said.
Mir died on the spot while his son Firdous Ahmad, who was injured in the incident, succumbed later.
This was the second killing of a sarpanch in four days in Pulwama district where militants on Thursday shot dead a PDP sarpanch in Awantipora area.
In the second incident, militants shot at?Mohammad Anwar Sheikh (60), who was working as `Numberdar` (village official) when he was coming out of a mosque at?Amlar in Tral area.
Sheikh was taken hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Today`s incidents take the number of political killings to three in Kashmir since the Lok Sabha poll schedule was announced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive