Sarpanch, son among 3 killed by militants in Pulwama in J&K
Srinagar: A Congress party sarpanch, his son and a village official were tonight shot dead by militants in separate incidents in Tral area of Pulwama district of Kashmir.
Militants barged into the house of sarpanch Ghulam Nabi Mir at Batagund in Tral area and opened fire, police said.
Mir died on the spot while his son Firdous Ahmad, who was injured in the incident, succumbed later.
This was the second killing of a sarpanch in four days in Pulwama district where militants on Thursday shot dead a PDP sarpanch in Awantipora area.
In the second incident, militants shot at?Mohammad Anwar Sheikh (60), who was working as `Numberdar` (village official) when he was coming out of a mosque at?Amlar in Tral area.
Sheikh was taken hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Today`s incidents take the number of political killings to three in Kashmir since the Lok Sabha poll schedule was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers