Sarpanch, son among 3 killed by militants in Pulwama in J&K
Srinagar: A Congress party sarpanch, his son and a village official were tonight shot dead by militants in separate incidents in Tral area of Pulwama district of Kashmir.
Militants barged into the house of sarpanch Ghulam Nabi Mir at Batagund in Tral area and opened fire, police said.
Mir died on the spot while his son Firdous Ahmad, who was injured in the incident, succumbed later.
This was the second killing of a sarpanch in four days in Pulwama district where militants on Thursday shot dead a PDP sarpanch in Awantipora area.
In the second incident, militants shot at?Mohammad Anwar Sheikh (60), who was working as `Numberdar` (village official) when he was coming out of a mosque at?Amlar in Tral area.
Sheikh was taken hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Today`s incidents take the number of political killings to three in Kashmir since the Lok Sabha poll schedule was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr