Sarpanch, son among 3 killed by militants in Pulwama in J&K
Srinagar: A Congress party sarpanch, his son and a village official were tonight shot dead by militants in separate incidents in Tral area of Pulwama district of Kashmir.
Militants barged into the house of sarpanch Ghulam Nabi Mir at Batagund in Tral area and opened fire, police said.
Mir died on the spot while his son Firdous Ahmad, who was injured in the incident, succumbed later.
This was the second killing of a sarpanch in four days in Pulwama district where militants on Thursday shot dead a PDP sarpanch in Awantipora area.
In the second incident, militants shot at?Mohammad Anwar Sheikh (60), who was working as `Numberdar` (village official) when he was coming out of a mosque at?Amlar in Tral area.
Sheikh was taken hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Today`s incidents take the number of political killings to three in Kashmir since the Lok Sabha poll schedule was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon