Sarpanch, son among 3 killed by militants in Pulwama in J&K
Srinagar: A Congress party sarpanch, his son and a village official were tonight shot dead by militants in separate incidents in Tral area of Pulwama district of Kashmir.
Militants barged into the house of sarpanch Ghulam Nabi Mir at Batagund in Tral area and opened fire, police said.
Mir died on the spot while his son Firdous Ahmad, who was injured in the incident, succumbed later.
This was the second killing of a sarpanch in four days in Pulwama district where militants on Thursday shot dead a PDP sarpanch in Awantipora area.
In the second incident, militants shot at?Mohammad Anwar Sheikh (60), who was working as `Numberdar` (village official) when he was coming out of a mosque at?Amlar in Tral area.
Sheikh was taken hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Today`s incidents take the number of political killings to three in Kashmir since the Lok Sabha poll schedule was announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'