Sarpanchs, panchs in J&K to take oath in phases
Srinagar: The recently elected sarpanchs
and panchs in Jammu and Kashmir will be administered oath in a
phased manner from Tuesday.
"From July 19, all elected sarpanchs and panchs throughout
the state will be administered an oath in a phased manner and
the process will be completed on July 26," state Panchayati
Raj Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told reporters here today.
He said the huge turnout of people during the recently
held 16-phase panchayat elections on non-party basis was a
success of democracy.
"From July 26 to August 2, meeting of all Panchayat block
heads will be held after which powers will be transferred to
them," Sagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!