Sarpanchs, panchs in J&K to take oath in phases
Srinagar: The recently elected sarpanchs
and panchs in Jammu and Kashmir will be administered oath in a
phased manner from Tuesday.
"From July 19, all elected sarpanchs and panchs throughout
the state will be administered an oath in a phased manner and
the process will be completed on July 26," state Panchayati
Raj Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told reporters here today.
He said the huge turnout of people during the recently
held 16-phase panchayat elections on non-party basis was a
success of democracy.
"From July 26 to August 2, meeting of all Panchayat block
heads will be held after which powers will be transferred to
them," Sagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers