Sarpanchs, panchs in J&K to take oath in phases
Srinagar: The recently elected sarpanchs
and panchs in Jammu and Kashmir will be administered oath in a
phased manner from Tuesday.
"From July 19, all elected sarpanchs and panchs throughout
the state will be administered an oath in a phased manner and
the process will be completed on July 26," state Panchayati
Raj Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told reporters here today.
He said the huge turnout of people during the recently
held 16-phase panchayat elections on non-party basis was a
success of democracy.
"From July 26 to August 2, meeting of all Panchayat block
heads will be held after which powers will be transferred to
them," Sagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday