Sarpanchs, panchs in J&K to take oath in phases
Srinagar: The recently elected sarpanchs
and panchs in Jammu and Kashmir will be administered oath in a
phased manner from Tuesday.
"From July 19, all elected sarpanchs and panchs throughout
the state will be administered an oath in a phased manner and
the process will be completed on July 26," state Panchayati
Raj Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told reporters here today.
He said the huge turnout of people during the recently
held 16-phase panchayat elections on non-party basis was a
success of democracy.
"From July 26 to August 2, meeting of all Panchayat block
heads will be held after which powers will be transferred to
them," Sagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore