Sarpanchs, panchs in J&K to take oath in phases
Srinagar: The recently elected sarpanchs
and panchs in Jammu and Kashmir will be administered oath in a
phased manner from Tuesday.
"From July 19, all elected sarpanchs and panchs throughout
the state will be administered an oath in a phased manner and
the process will be completed on July 26," state Panchayati
Raj Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told reporters here today.
He said the huge turnout of people during the recently
held 16-phase panchayat elections on non-party basis was a
success of democracy.
"From July 26 to August 2, meeting of all Panchayat block
heads will be held after which powers will be transferred to
them," Sagar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'