Scenario in J&K fine for revoking AFSPA: CPI(M)
Jammu: Keeping in view the "changed"
security scenario in Jammu and Kashmir, the Armed Forces
Special Powers Act should be revoked, CPI(M) on Sunday said and
batted for maximum autonomy for the state.
"Our party is for restoration of maximum autonomy based
on special status and regional autonomies to three regions of
the state. Besides, security forces be made accountable and
AFSPA be revoked as a result of changed security scenario in
the state," CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said at a
2-day conference of the party here, which ended this evening.
Earlier this week, Jammu and Kashmir police had said
"there has been a drop of 50 per cent in terrorists violence
in first three months of the year in the state."
Karat also called for mobilising various sections of
society against communal forces.
"We will launch a strong campaign along with other
democratic forces for peaceful resolution of Kashmir problem,
and will mobilise the broader sections of the people against
the divisive and communal forces trying to divide the state
and spreading hatred among different communities."
CPI(M) also unanimously re-elected MLA Tarigami as State
Secretary of the state.
We will also advocate protection of human rights at
all levels and safeguarding of trade union rights and
implementation of labour laws, Karat said.
The conference also adopted resolutions regarding
containing unemployment, transfer of powers to Panchayats,
protection of human rights, universalisation of PDS, curbing
corruption, promoting agriculture and horticulture, protection
of trade union rights, removing gender discrimination,
implementation of Ranga Rajan committee report, rehabilitation
of migrants, refugees and providing relief to the affected
families of the recent wind storm in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly