Scenario in J&K fine for revoking AFSPA: CPI(M)
Jammu: Keeping in view the "changed"
security scenario in Jammu and Kashmir, the Armed Forces
Special Powers Act should be revoked, CPI(M) on Sunday said and
batted for maximum autonomy for the state.
"Our party is for restoration of maximum autonomy based
on special status and regional autonomies to three regions of
the state. Besides, security forces be made accountable and
AFSPA be revoked as a result of changed security scenario in
the state," CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat said at a
2-day conference of the party here, which ended this evening.
Earlier this week, Jammu and Kashmir police had said
"there has been a drop of 50 per cent in terrorists violence
in first three months of the year in the state."
Karat also called for mobilising various sections of
society against communal forces.
"We will launch a strong campaign along with other
democratic forces for peaceful resolution of Kashmir problem,
and will mobilise the broader sections of the people against
the divisive and communal forces trying to divide the state
and spreading hatred among different communities."
CPI(M) also unanimously re-elected MLA Tarigami as State
Secretary of the state.
We will also advocate protection of human rights at
all levels and safeguarding of trade union rights and
implementation of labour laws, Karat said.
The conference also adopted resolutions regarding
containing unemployment, transfer of powers to Panchayats,
protection of human rights, universalisation of PDS, curbing
corruption, promoting agriculture and horticulture, protection
of trade union rights, removing gender discrimination,
implementation of Ranga Rajan committee report, rehabilitation
of migrants, refugees and providing relief to the affected
families of the recent wind storm in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today