Scholarship scam: Two officials arrested
Srinagar: Two education department officials
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district were arrested for
allegedly destroying records pertaining to distribution of
scholarships among Gujjar, Bakerwal and Pahari community
students, police said on Monday.
"Khumiriyal zonal education officer Mohammad Akbar Mir
and senior assistant Mohammad Amin Lone were arrested
on Sunday," a police spokesman said.
He said the accused in connivance with other employees of
Khumiriyal zonal education office set ablaze the records
pertaining to distribution of scholarships among Gujjar,
Bakerwal and Pahari students.
The record was destroyed to hush-up the irregularities
committed by the zonal education officer in the distribution
of these scholarships, the spokesman said.
The State Vigilance Organisation (Kashmir), probing the
alleged irregularities in distribution of the scholarships,
had asked the office to present the record before the
investigating agency for perusal.
More arrests are likely to be made in connection with the
case, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP