Scholarship scam: Two officials arrested
Srinagar: Two education department officials
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district were arrested for
allegedly destroying records pertaining to distribution of
scholarships among Gujjar, Bakerwal and Pahari community
students, police said on Monday.
"Khumiriyal zonal education officer Mohammad Akbar Mir
and senior assistant Mohammad Amin Lone were arrested
on Sunday," a police spokesman said.
He said the accused in connivance with other employees of
Khumiriyal zonal education office set ablaze the records
pertaining to distribution of scholarships among Gujjar,
Bakerwal and Pahari students.
The record was destroyed to hush-up the irregularities
committed by the zonal education officer in the distribution
of these scholarships, the spokesman said.
The State Vigilance Organisation (Kashmir), probing the
alleged irregularities in distribution of the scholarships,
had asked the office to present the record before the
investigating agency for perusal.
More arrests are likely to be made in connection with the
case, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof