School building, five houses damaged in J&K quake
Srinagar: Six structures, including a school building, in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district have suffered damages due to an earthquake, police said on Thursday .
Five houses and a building of Government Middle School in the Ahlan Bala area of Kokernag were damaged due to tremors yesterday, they said.
However, there was no casualty in the incident.
Two persons were killed and 69, including 32 students, were injured and scores of buildings damaged when an earthquake of moderate intensity shook parts of Jammu and Kashmir yesterday.
The twin districts of Kishtwar and Doda in Jammu region were the hardest hit where nearly 400 structures, including schools, hospitals and houses, developed cracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened