School bus turns turtle, 34 students injured
Srinagar: As many as 34 students were injured when the bus they were travelling in met an accident in central Kashmir`s Budgam district, police said today.
The students of Markazi Fallahi Khawateen (Nari Niketan) in Kupwara district were returning from an excursion in Doodh Pathri, Budgam, when the bus turned turtle at Tangnar in Khansahib yesterday, a police spokesman said.
He said the injured were admitted to sub-district hospital Khansahib where from two of them were referred to Bone and Joints Hospital here and five to SMHS Hospital.
Police has registered a case, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption