School vacations extended in Jammu
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacations of school children in Jammu region till January 13 in view of the prevailing intense cold in the state.
"The vacations have been extended till January 13," a government spokesperson here said. The schools in the region were to open on Monday.
Monday`s minimum temperature in Jammu was six degrees Celsius while the maximum day temperature on Sunday was 10 degrees Celsius, nine degrees below the average for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa