School vacations extended in Jammu
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has extended the winter vacations of school children in Jammu region till January 13 in view of the prevailing intense cold in the state.
"The vacations have been extended till January 13," a government spokesperson here said. The schools in the region were to open on Monday.
Monday`s minimum temperature in Jammu was six degrees Celsius while the maximum day temperature on Sunday was 10 degrees Celsius, nine degrees below the average for this time of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police