Schools, colleges reopen in Jammu after Kishtwar clashes
Jammu: All educational institutes in Jammu region reopened on Monday after a 10-day closure due to communal clashes in Kishtwar and subsequent imposition of curfew in several districts.
All educational institutions including Jammu University reopened today, a government spokesman said.
The divisional administration, on August 9, had ordered closure of all government and private schools and colleges in the region from August 10, he said.
The step was taken in view of communal violence in Kishtwar on August 9 in which three people were killed and over 20 others were injured, the spokesman said, adding that 75 shops and 35 vehicles were also damaged in arson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?