Schools in Kashmir Valley reopen after two months
Srinagar: Schools in Kashmir Valley reopened on Tuesday after a winter vacation of more than two months with
students attending classes braving the morning chill.
"All the government and private schools in the Valley
today reopened after the two-month long winter vacations", an
official spokesman said.
Schools in Kashmir region usually remain closed from
mid-December to early March every year as the average minimum
temperature plunges below freezing point.
The schools under the limits of Srinagar Municipal
Corporation will remain open from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm and
those outside between 11 am to 4 pm till March 31st.
A separate timing will soon be announced for the
summer season, the spokesman said.
The state government had earlier issued a notice to
the Valley schools asking them to strictly adhere to the
academic calendar in the background of last year`s summer
unrest, when all schools in the region remained shut during
most of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!