SDP demands monthly relief hike for displaced KPs
Jammu: Socialistic Democratic Party today demanded increase in the monthly relief per family for displaced Kashmiri Pandits keeping in view the high rate of inflation.
"The monthly relief for the displaced KPs per family should be increased keeping in view the uncontrolled price hike," SDP president Darakhshan Andrabi said.
She said financial relief and temporary accommodation could not compensate for permanent rehabilitation of members of the community.
"Financial relief and temporary arrangements of providing flats to these community members has nothing to do with their permanent settlement and government cannot in any case project this all as a substitute for the permanent settlement of this community," she said.
The SDP president also demanded the filling up of allotted quota of recruitment in government sector in Kashmir Valley from this community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you