SDP demands monthly relief hike for displaced KPs
Jammu: Socialistic Democratic Party today demanded increase in the monthly relief per family for displaced Kashmiri Pandits keeping in view the high rate of inflation.
"The monthly relief for the displaced KPs per family should be increased keeping in view the uncontrolled price hike," SDP president Darakhshan Andrabi said.
She said financial relief and temporary accommodation could not compensate for permanent rehabilitation of members of the community.
"Financial relief and temporary arrangements of providing flats to these community members has nothing to do with their permanent settlement and government cannot in any case project this all as a substitute for the permanent settlement of this community," she said.
The SDP president also demanded the filling up of allotted quota of recruitment in government sector in Kashmir Valley from this community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur