SDP demands monthly relief hike for displaced KPs
Jammu: Socialistic Democratic Party today demanded increase in the monthly relief per family for displaced Kashmiri Pandits keeping in view the high rate of inflation.
"The monthly relief for the displaced KPs per family should be increased keeping in view the uncontrolled price hike," SDP president Darakhshan Andrabi said.
She said financial relief and temporary accommodation could not compensate for permanent rehabilitation of members of the community.
"Financial relief and temporary arrangements of providing flats to these community members has nothing to do with their permanent settlement and government cannot in any case project this all as a substitute for the permanent settlement of this community," she said.
The SDP president also demanded the filling up of allotted quota of recruitment in government sector in Kashmir Valley from this community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death