SDP demands monthly relief hike for displaced KPs
Jammu: Socialistic Democratic Party today demanded increase in the monthly relief per family for displaced Kashmiri Pandits keeping in view the high rate of inflation.
"The monthly relief for the displaced KPs per family should be increased keeping in view the uncontrolled price hike," SDP president Darakhshan Andrabi said.
She said financial relief and temporary accommodation could not compensate for permanent rehabilitation of members of the community.
"Financial relief and temporary arrangements of providing flats to these community members has nothing to do with their permanent settlement and government cannot in any case project this all as a substitute for the permanent settlement of this community," she said.
The SDP president also demanded the filling up of allotted quota of recruitment in government sector in Kashmir Valley from this community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez