SDP seeks Army` help for social uplift of poor
Jammu: Socialist Democratic Party on Tuesday sought Army`s assistance for social uplift of poor section in
the remote terrorist affected areas of the south of Pir Panjal
range in Jammu and Kashmir.
SDP president Darakhshan Andrabi, during her hour long
meeting with General Officer Commanding of 16 Corps, Lt Gen J
P Nehra at Nagrota headquarter, presented a memorandum to the
GOC on the matter.
Years of violence and agitation have left Jammu and
Kashmir way behind other states of India on the development
index, she said.
Gen Nehra apprised her about army`s efforts in ensuring
peace and security in the Jammu region, thereby providing
secure environment for inclusive growth in the state.
The GOC also apprised her about various `Sadbhavna`
activities undertaken by the army to facilitate better
education and health infrastructure in remote areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win