SDP`s Valentine`s massage to Pak "end hate games"
Suchetgarh (Jammu): Calling for an end to tensions between India and Pakistan, the Socialistic Democratic Party (SDP) today sent balloons carrying `messages of love` and white pigeons across the border.
"We offer love to Pakistan with our belief that love begets love," the Party said in its message written on balloons flown to Pakistan from Zeroline at Octerio Border Out Post (BoP), 45 kms from here.
The relations between the two nations took a hit after Pakistani troops brutally beheaded two jawans-- Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemaraj Singh after intrusion in Poonch sector on January 8 this year.
"Tensions ran high after the beheading of Hemraj but it is the greatness of our democracy that we didn`t wage war with Pakistan," Party President Darakshan Andrabi, said.
Paying tribute to the martyred solider during `Indo-Pak Love and Peace Day` organised by SDP, she said the disrespect of Indian soldiers was intolerable.
"We cannot tolerate disrespect of our soldiers. We request the Pakistan army and their political leadership to desist from any more hate game," she told reporters.
Andrabi said that it has been the policy of Pak government to keep the borders tense.
"It is the policy matter. It is like who wants to be in the breaking news and Pakistan`s policy has always been that of propagating terror and hatred.
But we are worshippers of love and I wish love should prevail between the two countries," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'