Season`s hottest day in Jammu at 43.8 degrees Celsius
Jammu: Jammu on Sunday experienced the hottest day of this season at 43.8 degree Celsius, Met office said here.
The maximum temperature in the city shot at least five notches above average to 43.8 degrees Celsius, making it the season`s hottest day so far, Met officials said.
The minimum temperature in Jammu was recorded at 26.3 degree Celsius.
Weatherman predicts there would further increase in the temperature in the next few days.
The scorching heat wave have brought the normal life in Jammu city to grinding halt as most of people were off the streets in the comfort of coolers and air conditioners at home.
It may be recalled that on June 16, 2012, the maximum temperature recorded in the city was 44.3 degree Celsius. In 2010, it was recorded at 45.1 degrees Celsius while the mercury rose upto record breaking 46.3 deg Celsius in the year 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP