Second batch of 2279 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: The second batch of 2,279 pilgrims Friday left Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The pilgrims comprising 1,606 men, 399 women, 84 children and 190 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 79 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0512 hours today for Amarnath, police officials said.
The convoy has crossed Ramban district on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and was on its to Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, 5,436 pilgrims have left Jammu for the journey to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you