Second batch of 2279 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: The second batch of 2,279 pilgrims Friday left Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The pilgrims comprising 1,606 men, 399 women, 84 children and 190 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 79 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0512 hours today for Amarnath, police officials said.
The convoy has crossed Ramban district on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and was on its to Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, 5,436 pilgrims have left Jammu for the journey to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?