Second batch of 2279 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: The second batch of 2,279 pilgrims Friday left Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The pilgrims comprising 1,606 men, 399 women, 84 children and 190 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 79 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0512 hours today for Amarnath, police officials said.
The convoy has crossed Ramban district on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and was on its to Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, 5,436 pilgrims have left Jammu for the journey to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!