Second batch of 2279 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: The second batch of 2,279 pilgrims Friday left Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The pilgrims comprising 1,606 men, 399 women, 84 children and 190 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 79 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0512 hours today for Amarnath, police officials said.
The convoy has crossed Ramban district on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and was on its to Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, 5,436 pilgrims have left Jammu for the journey to the Amarnath shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference