Sectarian clashes: Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Authorities Wednesday imposed curfew in areas under nine police stations here following sectarian clashes in the old city this afternoon.
"The District Magistrate Srinagar has imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city," a police spokesman said.
Curfew has been imposed in Nowhatta, M R Gunj, Safakadal, Khanyar, Rainwari, Nigeen, Lal Bazaar, Zadibal and Parimpora police station areas, he said.
The curfew was imposed after sectarian clashes broke out near Hawal area in the old city, the spokesman said, adding that there are no initial reports of anyone getting injured in the clashes.
Hawal, Gojwara and adjoining areas have become flash points for sectarian violence over the past couple of years during Muharram processions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre