Sectarian clashes: Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Authorities Wednesday imposed curfew in areas under nine police stations here following sectarian clashes in the old city this afternoon.
"The District Magistrate Srinagar has imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city," a police spokesman said.
Curfew has been imposed in Nowhatta, M R Gunj, Safakadal, Khanyar, Rainwari, Nigeen, Lal Bazaar, Zadibal and Parimpora police station areas, he said.
The curfew was imposed after sectarian clashes broke out near Hawal area in the old city, the spokesman said, adding that there are no initial reports of anyone getting injured in the clashes.
Hawal, Gojwara and adjoining areas have become flash points for sectarian violence over the past couple of years during Muharram processions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer