Sectarian clashes: Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Authorities Wednesday imposed curfew in areas under nine police stations here following sectarian clashes in the old city this afternoon.
"The District Magistrate Srinagar has imposed curfew in nine police station areas of the city," a police spokesman said.
Curfew has been imposed in Nowhatta, M R Gunj, Safakadal, Khanyar, Rainwari, Nigeen, Lal Bazaar, Zadibal and Parimpora police station areas, he said.
The curfew was imposed after sectarian clashes broke out near Hawal area in the old city, the spokesman said, adding that there are no initial reports of anyone getting injured in the clashes.
Hawal, Gojwara and adjoining areas have become flash points for sectarian violence over the past couple of years during Muharram processions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'