Security agencies asked to intensify vigil in run up to I-Day
Jammu: Security agencies were today asked
to intensify vigil in Jammu region in view of possibility of
terror attacks in the run to the Independence Day.
Chairing a meeting of the Core Group, Security Advisor
Lieutenant General Rameshwar Roy complimented security forces,
intelligence agencies and civil administration for achieving
"highest degree of synergy and coordination for efficiently
handling the internal security situation in Jammu region".
He said that there was a need to be more vigilant "in
view of the possibility of terrorists attempting to disrupt
peace in the region especially during the month on account of
the Independence Day".
The issue of intensified attempts at infiltration by
militants also came up before the Core Group meeting attended
by senior officers of civil administration, police,
intelligence, para military forces and army at Nagrota, about
13 kms from here, a defence spokesman said here .
Roy, the GOC of 16 Corps, said that security forces
must continue with zero tolerance for human right violations
at all costs.
He emphasised on the need to maintain tight security
for the ongoing Amarnath Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31