Security beefed up across Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Security has been beefed up across Kashmir Valley, especially in the summer capital Srinagar where militants recently carried out two attacks in as many weeks.
The Police and CRPF have set up check points at various places in the city following intelligence inputs that militants might try to stage another attack on security forces in the city and have been asked remain vigilant across the Valley, official sources said.
On March 13, militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of the city, leaving five jawans and two ultras dead and 11 others, mostly CRPF jawans, injured.
The attack was followed by an ambush by militants on a BSF convoy near Chanapora bridge on last Thursday, resulting in the death of a jawan and injuries to two others.
Security forces conducted random frisking at various places in the city since this morning, but no one was arrested during the operation, sources said adding that vehicles entering the city were being checked.
Besides attacking security forces, militants also shot dead a youth in the Sopore area of Baramulla district and shot two police constables from close-range, in the Handwara town of Kupwara district, this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!