Security beefed up across Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Security has been beefed up across Kashmir Valley, especially in the summer capital Srinagar where militants recently carried out two attacks in as many weeks.
The Police and CRPF have set up check points at various places in the city following intelligence inputs that militants might try to stage another attack on security forces in the city and have been asked remain vigilant across the Valley, official sources said.
On March 13, militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of the city, leaving five jawans and two ultras dead and 11 others, mostly CRPF jawans, injured.
The attack was followed by an ambush by militants on a BSF convoy near Chanapora bridge on last Thursday, resulting in the death of a jawan and injuries to two others.
Security forces conducted random frisking at various places in the city since this morning, but no one was arrested during the operation, sources said adding that vehicles entering the city were being checked.
Besides attacking security forces, militants also shot dead a youth in the Sopore area of Baramulla district and shot two police constables from close-range, in the Handwara town of Kupwara district, this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video