Security beefed up in Anantnag ahead of PM`s visit
Srinagar: A three-tier security was put in place in Anantnag district with Special Protection Group (SPG) overseeing the arrangements ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir beginning tomorrow.
Officials said SPG sanitised the area in and around the venue from where the Anantnag section of Qazigund-Baramulla railway line would be thrown open to public by the Prime Minister tomorrow.
With opening of the 18-km line, the valley will be linked to its capital Srinagar and other important places, and the trains are expected to chug at a speed of 100 km per hour.
In the wake of security arrangements, the operational rail service from Anantnag to Baramulla would run only up to Bijbehara, some ten kms ahead of the venue today and
"All trains will remain cancelled between Bijbehara and Anantnag station on October 27 and 28", Chief Area manager, Srinagar, northern Railway said in a statement.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi will also address a public rally at Anantnag, 55 kms from here.
Later in the day, the Prime Minister would attend a CRPF function at Humhama at Srinagar Airport road.
A team of state government ministers also visited Anantnag yesterday to take an overview of the security arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours