Security cover for separatists costs J&K govt over Rs 9.47 cr
Jammu: Security cover of the separatist leadership of Hurriyat Conference has cost the Jammu and Kashmir government over Rs 9.47 crore in last 12 years, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Friday.
The amount spent to provide security to separatists has also gone up from Rs 15,70,750 in 2001 to Rs 1,66,10,251 in 2012.
In a written reply to a question in the Assembly today, Abdullah said that Rs 9,47,03,700 had been incurred on the account of providing security cover to Hurriyat and separatist leaders in Kashmir valley in last 12 years.
Of this, Rs 4,96,61,299 was spent on the salaries of Personal Security Officers (PSOs) and drivers provided for the security of Hurriyat and separatist leaders, he said.
While Rs 71,10,268 was spent on fuel required for government vehicles used in the security of the separatists, Rs 3,79,32,133 was spent on the account of salaries of the residential security guards provided to them during the same period, Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing