Security cover for separatists costs J&K govt over Rs 9.47 cr
Jammu: Security cover of the separatist leadership of Hurriyat Conference has cost the Jammu and Kashmir government over Rs 9.47 crore in last 12 years, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Friday.
The amount spent to provide security to separatists has also gone up from Rs 15,70,750 in 2001 to Rs 1,66,10,251 in 2012.
In a written reply to a question in the Assembly today, Abdullah said that Rs 9,47,03,700 had been incurred on the account of providing security cover to Hurriyat and separatist leaders in Kashmir valley in last 12 years.
Of this, Rs 4,96,61,299 was spent on the salaries of Personal Security Officers (PSOs) and drivers provided for the security of Hurriyat and separatist leaders, he said.
While Rs 71,10,268 was spent on fuel required for government vehicles used in the security of the separatists, Rs 3,79,32,133 was spent on the account of salaries of the residential security guards provided to them during the same period, Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand