Security cover for separatists costs J&K govt over Rs 9.47 cr
Jammu: Security cover of the separatist leadership of Hurriyat Conference has cost the Jammu and Kashmir government over Rs 9.47 crore in last 12 years, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Friday.
The amount spent to provide security to separatists has also gone up from Rs 15,70,750 in 2001 to Rs 1,66,10,251 in 2012.
In a written reply to a question in the Assembly today, Abdullah said that Rs 9,47,03,700 had been incurred on the account of providing security cover to Hurriyat and separatist leaders in Kashmir valley in last 12 years.
Of this, Rs 4,96,61,299 was spent on the salaries of Personal Security Officers (PSOs) and drivers provided for the security of Hurriyat and separatist leaders, he said.
While Rs 71,10,268 was spent on fuel required for government vehicles used in the security of the separatists, Rs 3,79,32,133 was spent on the account of salaries of the residential security guards provided to them during the same period, Omar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India