Security forces bust militant hideout in Kupwara
Srinagar: Security forces have busted a militant hideout in the forests of Kuwpara district in north Kashmir, recovering a huge cache of arms and ammunition, including 40 UBGL grenades and two rounds of 60mm mortar bombs.
Acting on specific information, troops of 30 Rashtriya
Rifles of the Army and police yesterday launched a search
operation in Badbugh forests in Kralgund area of Kupwara
district, 100 kms from here, official sources said on Tuesday.
The day-long operation ended with the huge recovery of
arms and ammunition from a militant hideout.
The recoveries included one UBGL launcher, 40 UBGL
grenades, one AK rifle, 48 AK magazines, 1409 AK rounds, two
60mm mortar bombs and 18 hand grenades, the sources said.
Other recoveries included 10 RPG rounds, 74 rounds of
Kirankope rifle, 388 rounds of 5.56mm ammunition and four
rounds of 7.62mm ammunition, they said.
The sources said searches were still going on in the
area but no arrests have been made so far in connection with
The arms and ammunition were apparently dumped by
infiltrating militants in the forests for later use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!