Security forces bust militant hideout in Rajouri
Rajouri: Security personnel have busted a militant hideout in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri District and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Police conducted a search operation after receiving specific information related to ammunition in a militant hideout in the Manjakote area of the district.
One AK-47 rifle, magazines, rounds of bullets and cache of other arms and ammunitions were recovered from the hideout.
"We have recovered one AK 47, twelve RPG rockets, one or two local guns, barrels, Chinese hand grenades and a lot of arms and ammunitions," said Rajouri`s Senior Superintendent of Police Mubisher Latafi.
The Kashmir region has witnessed numerous militant attacks, insurgency and infiltration attempts from across the border in the last two decades.
Militants have been frequently attacking security bases in Kashmir since the 1990s, when there was a full-blown insurgency against Indian rule in a region over which India and Pakistan have fought two of their three wars.
The Himalayan region is one of the world`s most militarised zones, with India deploying more than 1.3 million troops to quell the rebellion that triggered off in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview