Security forces bust militant hideout in Rajouri
Rajouri: Security personnel have busted a militant hideout in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri District and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Police conducted a search operation after receiving specific information related to ammunition in a militant hideout in the Manjakote area of the district.
One AK-47 rifle, magazines, rounds of bullets and cache of other arms and ammunitions were recovered from the hideout.
"We have recovered one AK 47, twelve RPG rockets, one or two local guns, barrels, Chinese hand grenades and a lot of arms and ammunitions," said Rajouri`s Senior Superintendent of Police Mubisher Latafi.
The Kashmir region has witnessed numerous militant attacks, insurgency and infiltration attempts from across the border in the last two decades.
Militants have been frequently attacking security bases in Kashmir since the 1990s, when there was a full-blown insurgency against Indian rule in a region over which India and Pakistan have fought two of their three wars.
The Himalayan region is one of the world`s most militarised zones, with India deploying more than 1.3 million troops to quell the rebellion that triggered off in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28
- Reliance launches 4G powered smartphone LYF Flame 4 at Rs 3,999
- 'I am a Tiger. What are you?' asks Jacqueline Fernandez!
- Missing Indian climber Paresh Chandra Nath found dead on Mount Everest
- WATCH: Shocking video of Dombivli chemical factory blast