Security forces bust militant hideout in Rajouri
Rajouri: Security personnel have busted a militant hideout in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri District and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Police conducted a search operation after receiving specific information related to ammunition in a militant hideout in the Manjakote area of the district.
One AK-47 rifle, magazines, rounds of bullets and cache of other arms and ammunitions were recovered from the hideout.
"We have recovered one AK 47, twelve RPG rockets, one or two local guns, barrels, Chinese hand grenades and a lot of arms and ammunitions," said Rajouri`s Senior Superintendent of Police Mubisher Latafi.
The Kashmir region has witnessed numerous militant attacks, insurgency and infiltration attempts from across the border in the last two decades.
Militants have been frequently attacking security bases in Kashmir since the 1990s, when there was a full-blown insurgency against Indian rule in a region over which India and Pakistan have fought two of their three wars.
The Himalayan region is one of the world`s most militarised zones, with India deploying more than 1.3 million troops to quell the rebellion that triggered off in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened