Security forces defuse two powerful IEDs in J&K
Srinagar: Two powerful Improvised
Explosive Devices (IEDs) were defused by security forces in
Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla and Anantnag districts.
An IED, weighing 12 kg, was planted by militants under
a culvert at Harithrath near Pattan, 27 kms from here, on
Srinagar-Baramulla National Highway, a police spokesman said.
Acting on a tip-off, police detected the IED which was
concealed in a tin box at around 8.50 am, he said, adding it
was later defused by bomb disposal squad.
Troops of 34 Rashtriya Rifles also detected a powerful
IED, planted on the main road, at village Manznoo, 65 kms from
here in Anantnag district, the spokesman said, adding the IED
was later detonated by bomb disposal squad at an open field.
Meanwhile, one person was injured today when he
stepped on a landmine in a village near the Line of Control
(LoC) in Uri Sector of Baramulla district.
Munir Ahmad Khatana accidentally stepped on the
landmine at village Churanda, 140 kms from here, this morning,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional