Security forces in J&K asked to exercise maximum restraint
Srinagar: Security forces have been directed to exercise maximum restraint while dealing with law and order situations in Kashmir valley, a top police official said on Wednesday.
"Police force on ground has been directed to exercise maximum restraint while tackling any law and order situation, IGP Kashmir, SM Sahai said.
The relaxation in the curfew bound areas will be taken at the local level by district authorities after evaluating the situation from time to time, a police spokesman quoted the IGP as saying.
Sahai said the extension of relaxation period, in areas where it has been given, will be taken after assessing the situation. He also added that availability of essential commodities is being ensured by the civil authorities at all district head quarters.
The police is always ready to assist in ensuring the essential commodities are made available to the public if asked to do so, he said.
Curfew was imposed on Saturday following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru inside Tihar jail in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown