Security forces in J&K asked to exercise maximum restraint
Srinagar: Security forces have been directed to exercise maximum restraint while dealing with law and order situations in Kashmir valley, a top police official said on Wednesday.
"Police force on ground has been directed to exercise maximum restraint while tackling any law and order situation, IGP Kashmir, SM Sahai said.
The relaxation in the curfew bound areas will be taken at the local level by district authorities after evaluating the situation from time to time, a police spokesman quoted the IGP as saying.
Sahai said the extension of relaxation period, in areas where it has been given, will be taken after assessing the situation. He also added that availability of essential commodities is being ensured by the civil authorities at all district head quarters.
The police is always ready to assist in ensuring the essential commodities are made available to the public if asked to do so, he said.
Curfew was imposed on Saturday following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru inside Tihar jail in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends