Security forces in J&K asked to exercise maximum restraint
Srinagar: Security forces have been directed to exercise maximum restraint while dealing with law and order situations in Kashmir valley, a top police official said on Wednesday.
"Police force on ground has been directed to exercise maximum restraint while tackling any law and order situation, IGP Kashmir, SM Sahai said.
The relaxation in the curfew bound areas will be taken at the local level by district authorities after evaluating the situation from time to time, a police spokesman quoted the IGP as saying.
Sahai said the extension of relaxation period, in areas where it has been given, will be taken after assessing the situation. He also added that availability of essential commodities is being ensured by the civil authorities at all district head quarters.
The police is always ready to assist in ensuring the essential commodities are made available to the public if asked to do so, he said.
Curfew was imposed on Saturday following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru inside Tihar jail in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- DCW chief booked for naming Dalit rape victim, says not scared
- Delhi: Raped by 30-yr-old man, 4-yr-old girl undergoes surgery
- Strong need of creating awareness on organ donation: Experts
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion