Security forces launch surgical operation in Poonch in J&K
Poonch (J&K): In a pre-dawn surgical operation,
security forces on Saturday zeroed in on two militants holed up in a
house in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on specific information about the presence of the
militants, who barged into the house of a civilian, security
forces and police laid cordon around the house before dawn in
Mankot-Nar area of Poonch, police said.
During the operation, the forces evacuated the residents of
the house and launched the operation to track down the
militants, they said.
"We have zeroed in on the house and the operation is going
on to track down the militants," Senior Superintendent of
Police (SSP), Poonch, Ashqoor Wani said.
In another operation, troops and the Special Operation
Group (SOG) of Police launched a cordon and search operation
to track down a group of three militants in Bafliaz Dorga area
of Poonch district early today, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?