Security forces launch surgical operation in Poonch in J&K
Poonch (J&K): In a pre-dawn surgical operation,
security forces on Saturday zeroed in on two militants holed up in a
house in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Acting on specific information about the presence of the
militants, who barged into the house of a civilian, security
forces and police laid cordon around the house before dawn in
Mankot-Nar area of Poonch, police said.
During the operation, the forces evacuated the residents of
the house and launched the operation to track down the
militants, they said.
"We have zeroed in on the house and the operation is going
on to track down the militants," Senior Superintendent of
Police (SSP), Poonch, Ashqoor Wani said.
In another operation, troops and the Special Operation
Group (SOG) of Police launched a cordon and search operation
to track down a group of three militants in Bafliaz Dorga area
of Poonch district early today, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed