Security forces recover powerful IED in Pulwana
Srinagar: Security forces today recovered a
powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in Pulwama district
of South Kashmir, averting a major disaster.
The IED, weighing eight kgs, was fitted to a lighting gas
cylinder when a joint search party of Police and Rashtriya
Rifles unearthed it from an orchard in Jandwal village, 35 kms
from here, a police spokesman said.
He said the IED was later safely defused by the Bomb
A case was registered and a hunt has been launched to nab
militants who had kept the IED to trigger an explosion, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details