Security forces to be on high alert during Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: Security forces have been asked to be vigilant against any threat from militants and other anti-social elements during the forthcoming annual Amarnath yatra, commencing from July 1.
The directions were given by DIG Jammu-Samba-Kathua range Farooq Khan to all zonal Senior Superintendents of Police, Sub-Divisional Police Officers and Station House
Officers and jawans of Jammu district at a darbar held in District Police Lines here yesterday.
He asked them to maintain law and order, utmost vigil and security during the nearly two month long yatra.
Besides, the officers and jawans belonging to border areas were briefed to gear up counter infiltration efforts and ensure that all resources be utilised for collection of
Khan asked everyone, especially the field personnel, to exhibit civilised behaviour and treat yatris as guests by providing them aid and assistance.
It is the hard work of the officials in the field which would help in creating congenial atmosphere for the pilgrims which in turn would bring more and more yatris leading to better economy for the state, he said.
The annual pilgrimage to 3,888 meter high Amarnath cave in south Kashmir Himalayas will begin from July 1 and conclude on August 24, the day of Sharvan Purnima.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report