`Self-governance will develop in Panchayat Raj`
Jammu: Congratulating the people for
reposing faith in Panchayat Raj, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
on Friday underlined the role of powerful panchayats in
ameliorating the socio-economic structure in the state.
The Chief Minister said that decentralisation of
powers is a revolutionary step in the state to involve public
representatives at panchayat level in decision making and
execution of works.
Addressing panches and sarpanches of Bishna and RS
Pura constituencies, Omar said that decision making at the
secretariat and provincial levels for the far-off and remote
villages is not as effective as taken by panches and
sarpanches at panchayat level.
"My government is committed to make panchayats as
powerful as is possible and revolutionise the development
scenario in the state. You can yourself decide about the
schemes to be launched in the particular areas and in
particular sectors and monitor their implementation," he said.
Omar added that self-governance at village level will
develop by the establishment of Panchayat Raj and people
will experience a new change in the field of development.
"People have exercised their vote power in a big way
to elect you. It is now your responsibility to pay them back
by rendering selfless, honest and sincere service," he said.
Omar also assured his government`s full support in the
cultivation of an effective and viable panchayat system in the
state and said that his government`s agenda to seek equitable
and faster development in all regions and sub-regions of the
state would get considerable fillip by the panchayat raj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!