Sena distributes oxygen cylinders to Amarnath pilgrims
Jammu: Accusing the state government and the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board of failing to initiate required steps to check the death rate of pilgrims, the Shiv Sena and the Dogra Front today distributed portable oxygen cylinders to the devotees.
"To save precious life of pilgrims, we distributed 526 portable oxygen cylinders to the Amarnath yatris in different parts of Jammu city, Nagrota and Domal," J an& K Shiv Sena chief Ashok Gupta told reporters here.
The health department and the SASB had failed to control the death rate of pilgrims, he alleged.
The Shiv Sena leader asked Governor N N Vohra and Health minister Sham Lal to provide all required facilities to the Amarnath pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed