Senior BSF officer briefs Governor on security
Srinagar: A senior BSF officer on Wednesday met the Jammu and Kashmir Governor and briefed him about the security situation in the state.
Additional Director General of BSF (West) Rajdeep Singh on Wednesday called on the Governor N N Vohra and discussed internal and external security arrangement, an official spokesman said.
Singh briefed him about the role and responsibility of the BSF deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Valley and along the International Border (IB) in Jammu division, the spokesman said after the meeting.
Governor discussed with ADG(BSF) several issues relating to internal and external security arrangements in the state, he said.
Meanwhile, Project Director of National Highway Authority of India Col Kamlender Singh also met Vohra at Raj Bhavan this evening and briefed him about the status of the work on the execution of the 4-laning of Srinagar-Banihal stretch of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'