Senior BSF officer briefs Governor on security
Srinagar: A senior BSF officer on Wednesday met the Jammu and Kashmir Governor and briefed him about the security situation in the state.
Additional Director General of BSF (West) Rajdeep Singh on Wednesday called on the Governor N N Vohra and discussed internal and external security arrangement, an official spokesman said.
Singh briefed him about the role and responsibility of the BSF deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Valley and along the International Border (IB) in Jammu division, the spokesman said after the meeting.
Governor discussed with ADG(BSF) several issues relating to internal and external security arrangements in the state, he said.
Meanwhile, Project Director of National Highway Authority of India Col Kamlender Singh also met Vohra at Raj Bhavan this evening and briefed him about the status of the work on the execution of the 4-laning of Srinagar-Banihal stretch of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31