Senior BSF officer briefs Governor on security
Srinagar: A senior BSF officer on Wednesday met the Jammu and Kashmir Governor and briefed him about the security situation in the state.
Additional Director General of BSF (West) Rajdeep Singh on Wednesday called on the Governor N N Vohra and discussed internal and external security arrangement, an official spokesman said.
Singh briefed him about the role and responsibility of the BSF deployed along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Valley and along the International Border (IB) in Jammu division, the spokesman said after the meeting.
Governor discussed with ADG(BSF) several issues relating to internal and external security arrangements in the state, he said.
Meanwhile, Project Director of National Highway Authority of India Col Kamlender Singh also met Vohra at Raj Bhavan this evening and briefed him about the status of the work on the execution of the 4-laning of Srinagar-Banihal stretch of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know