Senior J&K officer alleges `slapping` by MoS Home
Kishtwar: Irate over a senior government official coming late, a Jammu and Kashmir minister on Thursday allegedly slapped him ahead of the Chief Minister`s rally in Kishtwar district.
"As I reached the spot a bit late, the minister (Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo) told me -- what do you think of yourself -- and as I said I am an official performing my duty -- he slapped me twice," Chief Executive Officer, Kishtwar Development Authority (KDA), Riyaz Choudhary told reporters.
"When I questioned him about his act, he (minister) directed the police to arrest me...His security personnel and several others pounced on me...Beat me and tore my clothes," he alleged.
According to him, the incident took place ahead of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s rally in Kishtwar when the minister, who is also the local MLA, was reviewing the final arrangements.
"I am an honest and upright officer...I perform my duty honestly...I don`t take part in political rallies," he said adding, "I have lodged a complaint in this regard with the police here...I think they will register an FIR", the officer said.
"I will take legal actions to get the case registered...I will fight," he added.
Kitchloo switched off his mobile soon after the incident.
Superintendent of Police Kishtwar, Kulbir Singh did not deny the incident, but said, "I will not comment on it...Please talk to DIG of the range."
The incident drew sharp criticism from various political parties in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region