Senior J&K officer alleges `slapping` by MoS Home
Kishtwar: Irate over a senior government official coming late, a Jammu and Kashmir minister on Thursday allegedly slapped him ahead of the Chief Minister`s rally in Kishtwar district.
"As I reached the spot a bit late, the minister (Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo) told me -- what do you think of yourself -- and as I said I am an official performing my duty -- he slapped me twice," Chief Executive Officer, Kishtwar Development Authority (KDA), Riyaz Choudhary told reporters.
"When I questioned him about his act, he (minister) directed the police to arrest me...His security personnel and several others pounced on me...Beat me and tore my clothes," he alleged.
According to him, the incident took place ahead of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s rally in Kishtwar when the minister, who is also the local MLA, was reviewing the final arrangements.
"I am an honest and upright officer...I perform my duty honestly...I don`t take part in political rallies," he said adding, "I have lodged a complaint in this regard with the police here...I think they will register an FIR", the officer said.
"I will take legal actions to get the case registered...I will fight," he added.
Kitchloo switched off his mobile soon after the incident.
Superintendent of Police Kishtwar, Kulbir Singh did not deny the incident, but said, "I will not comment on it...Please talk to DIG of the range."
The incident drew sharp criticism from various political parties in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Jio Preview Offer available on Panasonic 4G VoLTE smartphones