Senior J&K officer alleges `slapping` by MoS Home
Kishtwar: Irate over a senior government official coming late, a Jammu and Kashmir minister on Thursday allegedly slapped him ahead of the Chief Minister`s rally in Kishtwar district.
"As I reached the spot a bit late, the minister (Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo) told me -- what do you think of yourself -- and as I said I am an official performing my duty -- he slapped me twice," Chief Executive Officer, Kishtwar Development Authority (KDA), Riyaz Choudhary told reporters.
"When I questioned him about his act, he (minister) directed the police to arrest me...His security personnel and several others pounced on me...Beat me and tore my clothes," he alleged.
According to him, the incident took place ahead of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s rally in Kishtwar when the minister, who is also the local MLA, was reviewing the final arrangements.
"I am an honest and upright officer...I perform my duty honestly...I don`t take part in political rallies," he said adding, "I have lodged a complaint in this regard with the police here...I think they will register an FIR", the officer said.
"I will take legal actions to get the case registered...I will fight," he added.
Kitchloo switched off his mobile soon after the incident.
Superintendent of Police Kishtwar, Kulbir Singh did not deny the incident, but said, "I will not comment on it...Please talk to DIG of the range."
The incident drew sharp criticism from various political parties in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark