Separate homeland would satisfy aspirations of KPs: Panun
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, an organisation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits, on Saturday asserted that a separate homeland in the Valley alone would satisfy the aspirations of seven lakh members of the community.
"Panun Kashmir is of the firm belief and understanding that a separate homeland alone would satisfy the urges and aspirations of the Kashmiri Pandit community," Panun Kashmir president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo said.
Chrungoo was addressing a function here today to commemorate the Margdarshan Resolution on the occasion of Homeland day.
It was on this day that Kashmiri Pandits articulated comprehensively their geopolitical aspirations after their forced mass exodus from the Kashmir Valley.
"Any other form of resettlement in Kashmir that does not address the geopolitical aspirations of the community would lead to refoulment like the previous seven exoduses," he said.
Chrungoo said that all experiments aimed at diluting the fundamental geopolitical aspirations of the Kashmiri Pandit community are bound to fail.
"We have seen in the recent past some statements appearing in the press suggesting various experiments in regard to the resettlement in Kashmir. Such statements have the potential to confuse the community at a crucial juncture and should be avoided," Chrungoo added.
All those community members who become part of such experimentation will harm the community interests in the long-run, he said, adding, the return and resettlement is a most serious political issue.
"It was the Margdarshan resolution that paved way for the organised resistance to genocide and ethnic cleansing of the Kashmiri Pandits from Kashmir," Chrungoo said.
He said the resolution which advocated separate homeland for Kashmiri Hindus on the North and East of river Jhelum with free flow of Indian constitution with union territory status, has stood the test of time for the last more than two decades and their belief in the historic resolution is increasing by the day.
Voicing similar views, Virender Raina, spokesperson, Panun Kashmir said that a separate homeland for Kashmiri Pandits also meets the strategic imperatives of the nation by strengthening the restive northern frontiers.
In the emerging political scenario, after the America`s withdrawal from Afghanistan and China making inroads in PoK, the situation for India could become hazardous.
In this situation, Panun Kashmir on the north and east of river Jhelum in Kashmir would serve as a "bulwark" against both China and Pakistan, Raina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in