Separatist guerrillas kill Kashmir cop
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas Saturday killed a head constable of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, an officer said.
Head Constable Sonaullah Zargar, who was on vacation in his native village, was killed in a forest in Kupwara district, a police officer said here.
"This (Saturday) morning, Zargar, son of Abdul Gani and resident of Hardoona Vilgam village in Handwara tehsil, had gone to a nearby forest along with his wife for collection of firewood," the officer said.
"The duo was intercepted by some unknown militants in the forest and Sonnaullah was killed by the militants in a gruesome manner," he said, adding that his wife was not harmed.
The area has been cordoned off and the body of the head constable was handed over to his relatives for last rites, police said.
Zargar, earlier posted in Srinagar, had come to his village to meet his family. He is survived by his wife and four children, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India