Separatist guerrillas kill Kashmir cop
Srinagar: Separatist guerrillas Saturday killed a head constable of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, an officer said.
Head Constable Sonaullah Zargar, who was on vacation in his native village, was killed in a forest in Kupwara district, a police officer said here.
"This (Saturday) morning, Zargar, son of Abdul Gani and resident of Hardoona Vilgam village in Handwara tehsil, had gone to a nearby forest along with his wife for collection of firewood," the officer said.
"The duo was intercepted by some unknown militants in the forest and Sonnaullah was killed by the militants in a gruesome manner," he said, adding that his wife was not harmed.
The area has been cordoned off and the body of the head constable was handed over to his relatives for last rites, police said.
Zargar, earlier posted in Srinagar, had come to his village to meet his family. He is survived by his wife and four children, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month