Separatist leader Shabir Ahmed Shah to be released on parole
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government on Friday
ordered releasing on parole moderate separatist leader Shabir
Ahmed Shah, who is in jail for eight months, to enable him
meet his ailing mother hospitalised after a cardiac arrest.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah made the goodwill gesture and
ordered his release from prison in Jammu region.
Shah, considered as a moderate separatist leader, was
lodged in a prison at Kathua after he was arrested by police
here under the tough Public Safety Act in February.
Earlier this month, Shah`s mother was shifted to Soura
Medical Institute after she suffered cardiac arrest.
The release of Shah comes a day before three central
interlocutors -- Dileep Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar and M M Ansari
-- are to arrive here for meeting various shades of
opinion in the Valley.
Shah, who formed his own Democratic Freedom Party (DFP)
after breaking away from Hurriyat, was arrested when the state
police carried out a major crackdown on the separatist leader
for allegedly funding and fomenting trouble in the state.
He was picked up along with his one-time aide Nayeem Khan
and Basharat, who claimed to be orchestrating stone-pelting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar