Separatist leader Shabir Ahmed Shah to be released on parole
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government on Friday
ordered releasing on parole moderate separatist leader Shabir
Ahmed Shah, who is in jail for eight months, to enable him
meet his ailing mother hospitalised after a cardiac arrest.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah made the goodwill gesture and
ordered his release from prison in Jammu region.
Shah, considered as a moderate separatist leader, was
lodged in a prison at Kathua after he was arrested by police
here under the tough Public Safety Act in February.
Earlier this month, Shah`s mother was shifted to Soura
Medical Institute after she suffered cardiac arrest.
The release of Shah comes a day before three central
interlocutors -- Dileep Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar and M M Ansari
-- are to arrive here for meeting various shades of
opinion in the Valley.
Shah, who formed his own Democratic Freedom Party (DFP)
after breaking away from Hurriyat, was arrested when the state
police carried out a major crackdown on the separatist leader
for allegedly funding and fomenting trouble in the state.
He was picked up along with his one-time aide Nayeem Khan
and Basharat, who claimed to be orchestrating stone-pelting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why