Separatist leader Shabir Shah manhandled
Jammu: Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah was on Thursday manhandled by members of BJP`s youth wing at a press conference here during which the activists also
ransacked furniture after gatecrashing into the venue.
A group of 10-12 Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) members barged into the room, where the chairman of the Democratic Freedom Party, Shah, was holding a press conference after his release from jail yesterday. They ransacked the furniture and microphones and manhandled Shah, police said.
Two of the activists mandhandled Shah following which police rushed to the spot and arrested three BJYM activists, they said, adding that several others fled from the venue.
Shah, who termed the incident as unfortunate, continued with the press conference.
Activists were raising slogans against the separatists and asking them not to use the soil of Jammu for raising anti-national sentiments, according to police.
IGP Ashok Gupta said that the accused have been arrested and Shah was safe.
Shah was released from jail yesterday after spending nine months behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion