Separatist leader Shabir Shah manhandled
Jammu: Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah was on Thursday manhandled by members of BJP`s youth wing at a press conference here during which the activists also
ransacked furniture after gatecrashing into the venue.
A group of 10-12 Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) members barged into the room, where the chairman of the Democratic Freedom Party, Shah, was holding a press conference after his release from jail yesterday. They ransacked the furniture and microphones and manhandled Shah, police said.
Two of the activists mandhandled Shah following which police rushed to the spot and arrested three BJYM activists, they said, adding that several others fled from the venue.
Shah, who termed the incident as unfortunate, continued with the press conference.
Activists were raising slogans against the separatists and asking them not to use the soil of Jammu for raising anti-national sentiments, according to police.
IGP Ashok Gupta said that the accused have been arrested and Shah was safe.
Shah was released from jail yesterday after spending nine months behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi