Separatist leader Shabir Shah manhandled
Jammu: Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah was on Thursday manhandled by members of BJP`s youth wing at a press conference here during which the activists also
ransacked furniture after gatecrashing into the venue.
A group of 10-12 Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) members barged into the room, where the chairman of the Democratic Freedom Party, Shah, was holding a press conference after his release from jail yesterday. They ransacked the furniture and microphones and manhandled Shah, police said.
Two of the activists mandhandled Shah following which police rushed to the spot and arrested three BJYM activists, they said, adding that several others fled from the venue.
Shah, who termed the incident as unfortunate, continued with the press conference.
Activists were raising slogans against the separatists and asking them not to use the soil of Jammu for raising anti-national sentiments, according to police.
IGP Ashok Gupta said that the accused have been arrested and Shah was safe.
Shah was released from jail yesterday after spending nine months behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit: This is what India Inc has to say
- When Arvind Kejriwal was mocked for seeking Brexit-style referendum on Delhi statehood
- US reiterates support for India's NSG bid
- PM Narendra Modi meets Belarus, Tajikistan leaders in Tashkent
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!