Separatist leaders invited for talks with Pak FM
Srinagar: Pakistan High Commission in
India has invited top Kashmiri separatist leaders, including
heads of both factions of Hurriyat Conference, for a meeting
next week with visiting Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar.
Deputy High Commissioner in the Pakistani mission in
New Delhi, Syed Zulfikar called Syed Ali Shah Geelani, Mirwaiz
Umer Farooq and Shabir Ahmad Shah for a meeting with Khar on
July 26, Hurriyat sources said.
The leaders have accepted the invitation and are
leaving for New Delhi to meet Khar and brief her about the
prevailing political scenario in Kashmir, they said.
Khar, who is the youngest and first woman Foreign
Minister of Pakistan, will be arriving in New Delhi on a
two-day visit on July 26.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference