Separatists call for shutdown to demand Guru`s mortal remains
Srinagar: A united forum of various separatist groups on Monday issued a strike call for Friday to press their demand seeking the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Representatives of various separatist groups including both factions of Hurriyat Conference, Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and Jamat-i-Islami met here under the banner of `Majlis Mushawarat` (consultation committee) and issued the strike call for Friday apart from a series of protests for the next few days.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the Bar Association.
The committee in a statement has asked people to observe a complete shutdown on Friday and to stage a protest after the congregational prayers.
The Bar Association has also been asked to protest from 2 pm to 4 pm on Wednesday and raise the demand for the return of the mortal remains of Guru and Kashimiri separatist leader Maqbool Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!