Separatists call for shutdown to demand Guru`s mortal remains
Srinagar: A united forum of various separatist groups on Monday issued a strike call for Friday to press their demand seeking the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Representatives of various separatist groups including both factions of Hurriyat Conference, Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and Jamat-i-Islami met here under the banner of `Majlis Mushawarat` (consultation committee) and issued the strike call for Friday apart from a series of protests for the next few days.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the Bar Association.
The committee in a statement has asked people to observe a complete shutdown on Friday and to stage a protest after the congregational prayers.
The Bar Association has also been asked to protest from 2 pm to 4 pm on Wednesday and raise the demand for the return of the mortal remains of Guru and Kashimiri separatist leader Maqbool Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing