Separatists call for shutdown to demand Guru`s mortal remains
Srinagar: A united forum of various separatist groups on Monday issued a strike call for Friday to press their demand seeking the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Representatives of various separatist groups including both factions of Hurriyat Conference, Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and Jamat-i-Islami met here under the banner of `Majlis Mushawarat` (consultation committee) and issued the strike call for Friday apart from a series of protests for the next few days.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the Bar Association.
The committee in a statement has asked people to observe a complete shutdown on Friday and to stage a protest after the congregational prayers.
The Bar Association has also been asked to protest from 2 pm to 4 pm on Wednesday and raise the demand for the return of the mortal remains of Guru and Kashimiri separatist leader Maqbool Bhat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'