Separatists call for shutdown to demand Guru`s mortal remains
Srinagar: A united forum of various separatist groups on Monday issued a strike call for Friday to press their demand seeking the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Representatives of various separatist groups including both factions of Hurriyat Conference, Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and Jamat-i-Islami met here under the banner of `Majlis Mushawarat` (consultation committee) and issued the strike call for Friday apart from a series of protests for the next few days.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the Bar Association.
The committee in a statement has asked people to observe a complete shutdown on Friday and to stage a protest after the congregational prayers.
The Bar Association has also been asked to protest from 2 pm to 4 pm on Wednesday and raise the demand for the return of the mortal remains of Guru and Kashimiri separatist leader Maqbool Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145