Separatists call for shutdown to demand Guru`s mortal remains
Srinagar: A united forum of various separatist groups on Monday issued a strike call for Friday to press their demand seeking the mortal remains of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Representatives of various separatist groups including both factions of Hurriyat Conference, Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front and Jamat-i-Islami met here under the banner of `Majlis Mushawarat` (consultation committee) and issued the strike call for Friday apart from a series of protests for the next few days.
The meeting was also attended by representatives of the Bar Association.
The committee in a statement has asked people to observe a complete shutdown on Friday and to stage a protest after the congregational prayers.
The Bar Association has also been asked to protest from 2 pm to 4 pm on Wednesday and raise the demand for the return of the mortal remains of Guru and Kashimiri separatist leader Maqbool Bhat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September