Separatists need to change mindset of creating new country in J&K: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Jammu: Senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Tuesday said the separatists` dream of creating a separate country in Jammu and Kashmir "will never be fulfilled" and asked them to change their mindset.
"As far as separatists are concerned, they should put an end to their mindset of creating a separate country in Jammu and Kashmir... Their dream of creating a separate country will never be fulfilled," the BJP national vice-president said.
Naqvi said the separatist leaders should realise that the government at the Centre has changed and they need to curb their activities.
Calling for an end to cross-border terrorism, he said, "On the one hand there is terrorism and on the other hand there is flower of friendship and peace -- both cannot go together."
Asked about his party`s stand on Article 370 of the Constitution, he said, "we have clearly stated in our party manifesto that all those issues will be resolved within the purview of the Constitution."
The BJP leader said his party "will contest the upcoming assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir on the same slogans of development. "As far as the main issue is concerned, it would be development and ensuring power to each member at the grassroots level...," he said.
On price rise, he said the central government led by Narendra Modi "is sensitive towards the issue" and "they will soon bring an end to price rise".
"The government is committed to crack down on hoarders and major steps have been taken in this direction. Focus of the government will be to contain price rise and inflation, end unemployment, ensure overall development and bring the economy back on track," he added.
On the situation in Iraq, the BJP leader said "as far as Iraq is concerned, the situation that has developed there is a matter of concern for India and the government is keeping a close watch on the situation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note