Separtists urged to revisit their politics
Srinagar: Maintaining that dialogue is key for resolving all outstanding issues, a human rights organisation on Tuesday asked the separatists in Jammu and Kashmir to revisit their strategy.
"Hurriyat leadership, both moderate and hardliners, should revisit the wisdom of their political phrase and conduct their politics strictly in accordance with jurisprudence of Kashmir case," secretary general of London-based Jammu and Kashmir Council for Human Rights (JKCHR) Syed Nazir Gilani told reporters here.
Hurriyat leadership and other political parties need to revisit the wisdom of their 20-year politics and consider seriously their understanding of the Kashmir case.
"The right to self-determination is for all people and the death of a generation in fact is the death of self-determdination," he said.
He said the Kashmiri leadership should take cognisance of suffering of common citizen.
"Jammu and Kashmir government has a principal role to play in the protection and promotion of human rights," he said.
Claiming that governments of India and Pakistan too have failed the people of Jammu and Kashmir in the discharge of their obligations, Gilani said the two countries need to resolve their conflicts through dialogue.
Gilani also opposed the stone pleting by youths.
He said the law enforcment agencies need training in their duty to promote and protect human rights and come to the aid of common citizen.
The rehabilitation of youths who have decided to give up violence needs serious attention, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video