Set up Parliamentary panel for dialogue on Kashmir issue: CPIM
Srinagar: The CPI(M)`s state unit on Sunday
demanded constitution of a parliamentary committee to hold
dialogue with all shades of opinion in Kashmir, saying the
step will convey Centre`s seriousness to settle the issue.
"Kashmir is a complex issue which deserves the
attention of the whole country. A parliamentary committee
should be set up which could enter into dilogue with people of
all shades of opinion in the state," state secretary of the
party M Y Tarigami told reporters here.
He said the proposed committee should have
representatives of all parties to convey a message on the
ground that it was a serious effort to address the issue.
"It is a general perception here that Government of
India is not serious to address Kashmir issue. To erase such
perception, it is imperative that a parliamentary committee is
constituted," he said.
Tarigami stressed on the need to initiate a
"sustained" dialogue. He also favoured revocation of Armed
Forces Special Powers Act.
New York: Blood sucking bedbugs have made a
strong comeback in New York, forcing temporary closures of
some reputed outlets here.
In recent days, the bugs forced the temporary closures
of a Victoria`s Secret and Abercrombie and Fitch. The shops
say they have rid their stores of the tiny pests, but experts
say the infestations are just the latest indication of the
bedbug`s strong comeback.
After mostly being eradicated form the US a half
century ago, infestations are so common that New York City
formed a Bed Bug Advisory Board in 2009 to focus on preventing
infestations, Christian Science Monitor reported.
According to New York City`s Housing Preservation and
Development department, bedbug complaints in the city have
skyrocketed over the past five years, from just over 500 in
2004 to over 10,000 in 2009.
In June, the New York state legislature passed a law requiring landlords to give potential renters a "bedbug
history" of their property.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India