Seven held for circulating HuM posters
Srinagar: Police have arrested seven persons for their alleged involvement in circulation of threatening posters on behalf of militant outfit Hizbul Mujahideen in Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
Seven persons, involved in the recent circulation of threatening posters on the letter heads of Hizbul Mujahideen, were arrested and are being questioned, a police spokesman said.
Posters surfaced at several places in Anantnag district town, 55 kms from here, last week, warning over 30 persons by name against liaising with the police and mainstream parties.
Although Hizbul Mujahideen disowned the posters and termed it as the handiwork of security agencies to defame the group, police registered a case and started investigation.
"On July 15, police received a tip off regarding Ashiq Hussain Narchor of Mattan Chowk to be involved in the poster pasting incident.
"He was arrested and during his questioning he confessed of preparing and pasting the threat letters at various places in the town," the spokesman said.
At his instance, six others - Manzoor Ahmad Wani of Iqbal Market, Mohammad Abass Wani of Sarnal Bala, Saqib Tahir Shah of Dangerpora, Rahid Shafi Wani of Qazibagh, Shakeel Ahmad Bhat of Anchidora and Bilal Ahmad Hajam of Shangus - were arrested, the spokesman added.
A laptop, a printer and five plain and two printed sheets of Hizbul Mujahideen letter pad were recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- 'Taliban strike sign of US exasperation with Pak's duplicity'
- Man arrested over Australia `terror` plot
- WATCH: Hazel Keech cheered from stands as Yuvraj Singh rediscovered form during SRH vs KKR match
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises