Seven hour curfew relaxation in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Residents of southern and eastern
parts of Srinagar city and Kakapora in Pulwama town in south
Kashmir on Saurday got much-needed respite from six days of curfew
as the prohibitory orders were relaxed for seven hours in
Initially, the authorities relaxed curfew for four hours
in South and East Zones of the city but extended the
relaxation as the earlier period passed off peacefully.
Curfew was also relaxed in Kakapora town in south
Kashmir`s Pulwama district, 20 kms from here, a police
He said curfew had to be reimposed in Batamaloo area
of the city, where a mob started pelting stones at the
security forces during the relaxation period
However, curfew was not relaxed in Maisuma and Kralkhud
police station areas falling in the East Zone.
The spokesman said curfew will be relaxed in other parts
of the city after assessing the law and order situation in
Curfew was imposed in Srinagar on Sunday following violent
protests and incidents of arson on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news