Seven hour curfew relaxation in parts of Srinagar
Srinagar: Residents of southern and eastern
parts of Srinagar city and Kakapora in Pulwama town in south
Kashmir on Saurday got much-needed respite from six days of curfew
as the prohibitory orders were relaxed for seven hours in
Initially, the authorities relaxed curfew for four hours
in South and East Zones of the city but extended the
relaxation as the earlier period passed off peacefully.
Curfew was also relaxed in Kakapora town in south
Kashmir`s Pulwama district, 20 kms from here, a police
He said curfew had to be reimposed in Batamaloo area
of the city, where a mob started pelting stones at the
security forces during the relaxation period
However, curfew was not relaxed in Maisuma and Kralkhud
police station areas falling in the East Zone.
The spokesman said curfew will be relaxed in other parts
of the city after assessing the law and order situation in
Curfew was imposed in Srinagar on Sunday following violent
protests and incidents of arson on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered