Seven JKLF activists court arrest
Srinagar: Seven activists of JKLF today
courted arrest in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir as
part of its `fill-the-jail` agitation against alleged human
rights violations, officials said.
Led by senior leader Sheikh Abdul Rasheed, the JKLF
activists took out a procession in the main chowk Handwara, 90
kms from here, before courting arrest.
They were lodged in the local police station, they said.
The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) started the
agitation on June 18 when over 40 people, including its
chairman Mohammad Yaseen Malik, courted arrest in Lal Chowk
area of the city. All of them were shifted to Srinagar Central
18 activists of the Front courted arrest in Sopore on
June 19 and 13 in Pulwama yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical