Seven militants killed in Kupwara
Srinagar: Seven militants were gunned in an encounter with the army in Kupwara district of north Kashmir on Monday, giving security forces the biggest success against the ultras this year.
An Army patrol was fired on by militants at Dardpora in Lolab area of Kupwara district at around 2.40 pm, which was retaliated, an army spokesman said.
He said seven unidentified militants were killed in the operation which was on till last reports came in.
The spokesman said a cache of arms, ammunition and war- like stores have been recovered.
"The number of troops have been enhanced as more militants might be trapped in the area," he added.
This is the biggest success of security forces against militants this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi