Seven militants killed in Kupwara
Srinagar: Seven militants were gunned in an encounter with the army in Kupwara district of north Kashmir on Monday, giving security forces the biggest success against the ultras this year.
An Army patrol was fired on by militants at Dardpora in Lolab area of Kupwara district at around 2.40 pm, which was retaliated, an army spokesman said.
He said seven unidentified militants were killed in the operation which was on till last reports came in.
The spokesman said a cache of arms, ammunition and war- like stores have been recovered.
"The number of troops have been enhanced as more militants might be trapped in the area," he added.
This is the biggest success of security forces against militants this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?