Several attempts made to destabilise J&K govt: NC
Jammu: Ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday said the news report about former Army chief VK Singh has given a new dimension to the 2010 unrest in the Valley, as several attempts have been made in the past to weaken the state government.
"The expose on former Army chief VK Singh has given a new dimension to the unfortunate 2010 incidents in Srinagar, that caused scars on democratic institutions and alienated people of Kashmir from the mainstream," NC provincial president Devender Singh Rana said.
He said this is not for the first time when a conspiracy has been hatched against the verdict of the people of the state, "but attempts were made several times in the past as well to weaken the NC, as it represents the urges and aspirations of the people."
Rana was addressing a party convention in Kotranka block of Rajouri district this afternoon.
"If the report is true, it is a gory truth," he said adding, "a thorough and independent probe alone can expose the actors who attempted to overthrow the democratically elected government led by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah".
The NC leader reiterated his party`s demand for a judicial probe by a sitting Supreme Court judge.
He also appealed party workers to close rank and file.
"This is beginning of the challenge being posed by anti-people elements and we should be ready for more such grievous political assaults," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened