`Several recommendations of J&K interlocutors implemented`
Srinagar: A Delhi based think-tank has claimed that the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government have implemented several recommendations made by the interlocutors on Kashmir.
A document prepared by Delhi Policy Group, whose member Radha Kumar was one of the three interlocutors appointed by the Centre, has said that complete security vacation and handover of government buildings such as schools, hospitals and sports facilities was under process.
The think-tank also referred to the interlocutors recommendation for amendment of Public Safety Act to restrict the detention period under the law and raising the age of a person who can be detained and said the state Assembly has amended the law in this regard.
However, the document maintained that the interlocutors do not claim credit for the actions as they might have been taken without any reference to their report.
The think-tank report said Army has announced court martial in Macchil and Pathribal at the behest of Supreme Court. The interlocutors had also recommended court martial in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened