`Several recommendations of J&K interlocutors implemented`
Srinagar: A Delhi based think-tank has claimed that the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government have implemented several recommendations made by the interlocutors on Kashmir.
A document prepared by Delhi Policy Group, whose member Radha Kumar was one of the three interlocutors appointed by the Centre, has said that complete security vacation and handover of government buildings such as schools, hospitals and sports facilities was under process.
The think-tank also referred to the interlocutors recommendation for amendment of Public Safety Act to restrict the detention period under the law and raising the age of a person who can be detained and said the state Assembly has amended the law in this regard.
However, the document maintained that the interlocutors do not claim credit for the actions as they might have been taken without any reference to their report.
The think-tank report said Army has announced court martial in Macchil and Pathribal at the behest of Supreme Court. The interlocutors had also recommended court martial in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees