`Several recommendations of J&K interlocutors implemented`
Srinagar: A Delhi based think-tank has claimed that the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government have implemented several recommendations made by the interlocutors on Kashmir.
A document prepared by Delhi Policy Group, whose member Radha Kumar was one of the three interlocutors appointed by the Centre, has said that complete security vacation and handover of government buildings such as schools, hospitals and sports facilities was under process.
The think-tank also referred to the interlocutors recommendation for amendment of Public Safety Act to restrict the detention period under the law and raising the age of a person who can be detained and said the state Assembly has amended the law in this regard.
However, the document maintained that the interlocutors do not claim credit for the actions as they might have been taken without any reference to their report.
The think-tank report said Army has announced court martial in Macchil and Pathribal at the behest of Supreme Court. The interlocutors had also recommended court martial in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers