Shariat court issues notice to Christian priest
Srinagar: A Shariat court (Islamic Court)
has issued a notice to a Christian priest to explain his
position on alleged conversion of Muslim youth to Christianity
"We had issued a notice to Reverend C M Khanna to
appear before the Shariat Court yesterday (Friday) but he failed to do
so. We have issued a fresh notice to him to appear before the
court on November 12," the Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir
Bashiruddin Ahmad, who heads the Shariat Court, said.
He said although there was clinching evidence that six
Muslims and a Hindu youth were "baptised" at a Church here but
the court had asked Khanna to explain his position in the
interest of justice.
Ahmad said Khanna called his office this morning
expressing his inability to attend the hearing on November 12
and sought another date.
"Till we receive an official communication from him,
the hearing date cannot be changed," he said.
The notice was issued after the head of a Darul Uloom,
which is working to bring back convert Christians to Islam,
handed a video to the Shariat court.
The video showed alleged conversions of Muslim youth
to Christianity by Khanna.
Khanna was not available for comment as he is out of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets