Shariat court issues notice to Christian priest
Srinagar: A Shariat court (Islamic Court)
has issued a notice to a Christian priest to explain his
position on alleged conversion of Muslim youth to Christianity
"We had issued a notice to Reverend C M Khanna to
appear before the Shariat Court yesterday (Friday) but he failed to do
so. We have issued a fresh notice to him to appear before the
court on November 12," the Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir
Bashiruddin Ahmad, who heads the Shariat Court, said.
He said although there was clinching evidence that six
Muslims and a Hindu youth were "baptised" at a Church here but
the court had asked Khanna to explain his position in the
interest of justice.
Ahmad said Khanna called his office this morning
expressing his inability to attend the hearing on November 12
and sought another date.
"Till we receive an official communication from him,
the hearing date cannot be changed," he said.
The notice was issued after the head of a Darul Uloom,
which is working to bring back convert Christians to Islam,
handed a video to the Shariat court.
The video showed alleged conversions of Muslim youth
to Christianity by Khanna.
Khanna was not available for comment as he is out of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA