Shiekh Abdullah remembered on death anniversary
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah, senior cabinet ministers and other National
Conference leaders on Thursday offered prayers and paid tributes to
party founder Shiekh Mohammad Abdullah on his 29th death
The memorial service was held at the highly guarded tomb
of Shiekh, a marble floored structure, located on the banks of
the Dal Lake at Hazaratbal here.
Omar, who is the grandson of Shiekh, offered prayers at
the grave of his grandfather.
Shiekh died on September 8, 1982, while holding the chair
of the Chief Minister.
Among those who paid tributes were Member of Parliament
Mustafa Kamal, who is the son of Shiekh, cabinet ministers Ali
Mohammad Sagar and G R Malik, the Chief Minister`s advisors
Mubarak Gul and Davender Singh Rana.
Governor N N Vohra also paid homage to Shiekh and
recalled his significant contribution in laying the foundation
of Jammu and Kashmir as a secular, peaceful and progressive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!