Shiekh Abdullah remembered on death anniversary
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah, senior cabinet ministers and other National
Conference leaders on Thursday offered prayers and paid tributes to
party founder Shiekh Mohammad Abdullah on his 29th death
The memorial service was held at the highly guarded tomb
of Shiekh, a marble floored structure, located on the banks of
the Dal Lake at Hazaratbal here.
Omar, who is the grandson of Shiekh, offered prayers at
the grave of his grandfather.
Shiekh died on September 8, 1982, while holding the chair
of the Chief Minister.
Among those who paid tributes were Member of Parliament
Mustafa Kamal, who is the son of Shiekh, cabinet ministers Ali
Mohammad Sagar and G R Malik, the Chief Minister`s advisors
Mubarak Gul and Davender Singh Rana.
Governor N N Vohra also paid homage to Shiekh and
recalled his significant contribution in laying the foundation
of Jammu and Kashmir as a secular, peaceful and progressive
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days