Shinde`s remarks: BJP’s protests in J&K on Jan 24
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of the BJP will organise protests in all districts in the state on January 24 against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s controversial remarks during the recent Congress conclave in Jaipur.
"The party will organise protests in all districts in the state on January 24 to protest Shinde`s remarks," JK BJP chief Jugal Kishore Sharma said.
Yesterday, the BJP demanded sacking of Shinde over his charge that the saffron party and the RSS promoted "Hindu terrorism".
It also announced nation-wide protests on January 24 against the remarks.
Both the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and the NC-Cong dispensation in Jammu and Kashmir were pursuing "anti-people" policies, Sharma said.
The BJP would vigorously expose "misdeeds" of both the governments, he told a meeting of newly-nominated state BJP office-bearers here.
State BJP general secretary Ashok Koul invited suggestions from the office-bearers for better coordination among party workers and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai