Shinde`s remarks: BJP’s protests in J&K on Jan 24
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir unit of the BJP will organise protests in all districts in the state on January 24 against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s controversial remarks during the recent Congress conclave in Jaipur.
"The party will organise protests in all districts in the state on January 24 to protest Shinde`s remarks," JK BJP chief Jugal Kishore Sharma said.
Yesterday, the BJP demanded sacking of Shinde over his charge that the saffron party and the RSS promoted "Hindu terrorism".
It also announced nation-wide protests on January 24 against the remarks.
Both the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and the NC-Cong dispensation in Jammu and Kashmir were pursuing "anti-people" policies, Sharma said.
The BJP would vigorously expose "misdeeds" of both the governments, he told a meeting of newly-nominated state BJP office-bearers here.
State BJP general secretary Ashok Koul invited suggestions from the office-bearers for better coordination among party workers and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites