Shiv Sena condemns Pak resolution, held protests in Jammu
Jammu: Condemning the resolution passed by Pakistan National Assembly Thursday, the activists of Dogra Front and Shiv Sena held protest demonstrations here.
Led by its President Ashok Gupta, the Shiv Sena workers took out a procession in the city markets and raised slogans against the resolution passed by the neighbouring country.
"We condemned the resolution passed by Pakistan that the mortal remains of Parliament convict Afzal Guru should be handed over to his family members in Kashmir," Gupta said.
"No friendly cricket match and no talks with Pakistan should be made until and unless Pakistan mend its way and destroy all the militant camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK)," he said.
The Dogra Front activists also staged protest demonstrations against the resolution.
Pakistan`s parliament yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Guru was hanged to death on February 9 after remaining on death row for about eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam