Shiv Sena condemns Pak resolution, held protests in Jammu
Jammu: Condemning the resolution passed by Pakistan National Assembly Thursday, the activists of Dogra Front and Shiv Sena held protest demonstrations here.
Led by its President Ashok Gupta, the Shiv Sena workers took out a procession in the city markets and raised slogans against the resolution passed by the neighbouring country.
"We condemned the resolution passed by Pakistan that the mortal remains of Parliament convict Afzal Guru should be handed over to his family members in Kashmir," Gupta said.
"No friendly cricket match and no talks with Pakistan should be made until and unless Pakistan mend its way and destroy all the militant camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK)," he said.
The Dogra Front activists also staged protest demonstrations against the resolution.
Pakistan`s parliament yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Guru was hanged to death on February 9 after remaining on death row for about eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence