Shiv Sena condemns Pak resolution, held protests in Jammu
Jammu: Condemning the resolution passed by Pakistan National Assembly Thursday, the activists of Dogra Front and Shiv Sena held protest demonstrations here.
Led by its President Ashok Gupta, the Shiv Sena workers took out a procession in the city markets and raised slogans against the resolution passed by the neighbouring country.
"We condemned the resolution passed by Pakistan that the mortal remains of Parliament convict Afzal Guru should be handed over to his family members in Kashmir," Gupta said.
"No friendly cricket match and no talks with Pakistan should be made until and unless Pakistan mend its way and destroy all the militant camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK)," he said.
The Dogra Front activists also staged protest demonstrations against the resolution.
Pakistan`s parliament yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Guru was hanged to death on February 9 after remaining on death row for about eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender