Shiv Sena condemns Pak resolution, held protests in Jammu
Jammu: Condemning the resolution passed by Pakistan National Assembly Thursday, the activists of Dogra Front and Shiv Sena held protest demonstrations here.
Led by its President Ashok Gupta, the Shiv Sena workers took out a procession in the city markets and raised slogans against the resolution passed by the neighbouring country.
"We condemned the resolution passed by Pakistan that the mortal remains of Parliament convict Afzal Guru should be handed over to his family members in Kashmir," Gupta said.
"No friendly cricket match and no talks with Pakistan should be made until and unless Pakistan mend its way and destroy all the militant camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK)," he said.
The Dogra Front activists also staged protest demonstrations against the resolution.
Pakistan`s parliament yesterday passed a resolution condemning the hanging of Afzal Guru and demanded the return of his body to his family.
Guru was hanged to death on February 9 after remaining on death row for about eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank